(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) today said it is investigating 11 additional COVID-19 cases, taking the number of confirmed cases in Hong Kong to 5,124.
Among the new cases, four are locally transmitted and seven are imported.
The centre’s Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan said at a press briefing this afternoon that a local case with an unknown source of infection involves a 46-year-old female Tsing Yi resident who developed a cough on September 24.
The patient had a buffet lunch in a Tsim Sha Tsui hotel on September 14 and visited a restaurant in Kwai Hing on September 28. Specimen bottles will be distributed to the staff of these two restaurants.
Among the remaining three local cases which have links to previous ones is a 38-year-old woman who arrived from Thailand in March and has been living with several Thai friends in Tsim Sha Tsui.
One of her friends has preliminarily tested positive for COVID-19 and was found to be related to a 27-year-old woman who was among yesterday’s confirmed cases.
Dr Chuang explained that the 27-year-old patient is suspected of having provided false information by claiming that her infected friend who had been shopping with her had left Hong Kong. The CHP is checking whether she breached any regulations and will take legal action if necessary.
The imported cases are from India and Nepal. As the six patients from Nepal were on the same flight, the airline has been banned from landing in Hong Kong for two weeks.
For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government’s dedicated webpage.